Last Update: August 1, 2020
To make our business even safer, we have purchased true HEPA air purifiers that have UV light sanitizers. These units remove 99.97% of harmful germs, pollen, dust and other allergens plus, most importantly, the UV-C light destroys airborne viruses.
We have one unit in each massage room plus one unit in every other room of our business. They circulate the air over four times per hour and will ensure that the air in our space is clean, fresh and sanitized.
Masks are still required while at our business. We have some high-risk employees and some of us live with high-risk family members.
Our profession does not allow for physical distancing, so we have to rely on masks to help keep our staff and clients safe. Anyone that cannot or will not wear a mask will have to wait to schedule until the mask mandate is over. We appreciate your understanding.
1) Prior to your appointment you will be asked these screening questions related to COVID-19:
If the answer to either of the above is "yes", please reschedule your appointment until your symptoms have resolved for at least 72 hours, or at least 14 days after contact with a person sick with cough, fever or diagnosed with COVID-19.
2) Employees and clients will be required to wear masks at all times throughout the appointment. Clients are encouraged to come in wearing their own mask, but we will have disposable ones available if you do not have one. If you cannot or will not wear a mask, you will have to wait to schedule until masks are no longer required.
3) Clients are allowed to wait in the reception area. Please keep at least six feet distance between any other clients.
4) Upon entering, clients will be offered hand sanitizer.
5) All couples sessions must be in separate rooms until further notice. We have put this into place because regulations require staying at least six feet away from every client/therapist pair.
6) Once on the table, the client must keep their mask on at all times during the massage. This is a Virginia requirement.
Procedures for our staff remain unchanged (they are listed below).
We greatly appreciate you helping us keep our staff and clients safe!
1) Temperature checks must be done before an employee starts their shift. Employees at work that develop any illness symptoms must leave immediately and stay home for at least 72 hours after symptoms resolve without medication.
2) Staff are required to wear face masks at all times while at work when social distancing is not possible.
3) Common areas must be cleaned and disinfected at least daily.
4) Employees must space out appropriately in our break room and laundry suite.
5) In treatment areas the chair, table and anything else the client might have touched must be cleaned with soap and water and/or disinfectant after each client. Client sheets must be rolled up to prevent any possible virus particles from being thrown in the air. CDC guidelines for cleaning laundry will be strictly followed.
Thank you for your dedication in keeping everyone healthy and safe!
For more information and all the latest updates check out these links:
We feel it is critical to follow the CDC and WHO guidelines to do our part in keeping our community safe. If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above, please contact us.
We will continue to keep you updated on any changes to our business as this crisis continues to develop.
We really appreciate your understanding and support in this trying time.