Latest Update: January 1, 2022
quarantine guidelines now require five days in quarantine and five days
of mask wearing if positive but asymptomatic. This is because most, but
not all, transmission takes place in those first five days.
Our therapists are more exposed than most workers since there is no way for them to physically distance. Because of this, we need to be extra cautious and have any COVID-positive clients come in after the full ten days from a positive test. We have to take into consideration not only our therapists, but all the clients they come in contact with (some of which are in vulnerable groups).
1) Prior to your appointment you will be asked the following questions related to COVID-19:
If the answer is "yes", you will need to reschedule your appointment for at least 10 days after your positive test.
If the answer is "yes", please reschedule your appointment until your symptoms have resolved for at least 72 hours.
2) Fully vaccinated employees and clients will no longer be required to wear masks inside our business. All of our employees are fully vaccinated. Clients that are not fully vaccinated will need to wear a mask for their session. If you are fully vaccinated but feel more comfortable wearing a mask, that is fine as well.
3) All couples sessions can now be back in the same room. Since distancing requirements have been lifted on May 28th, clients will once again have a choice between having the session in the same room or separate rooms.
1) All of our employees are fully vaccinated. This means that they will not be required to wear masks. If you would feel more comfortable with them wearing a mask during your session, let them know and they will wear one.
2) Common areas must be cleaned and disinfected at least daily.
3) In treatment areas the chair, table and anything else the client might have touched must be cleaned with soap and water and/or disinfectant after each client. Client sheets must be rolled up to prevent any possible virus particles from being thrown in the air. CDC guidelines for cleaning laundry will be strictly followed.
Previous Update: December 15, 2020
making sure to keep up with all the latest research surrounding
COVID-19. This helps us keep our employees and clients as safe as
possible while we wait for vaccines to become widely available.
Some studies have been showing an association between lower humidity levels and increased COVID transmission. This article by VT's own Lindsey Marr (along with two other professors from Harvard and Yale) goes over why drier air can lead to higher transmission rates:
This Winter, Fight COVID-19 with Humidity
Because of research like this, we have added high-end humidifiers to each of our massage rooms. This new addition, along with all of our other COVID procedures, allows us to feel confident that we can continue to see clients safely.
Previous Update: August 1, 2020
To make our business even safer, we have purchased true HEPA air purifiers that have UV light sanitizers. These units remove 99.97% of harmful germs, pollen, dust and other allergens plus, most importantly, the UV-C light destroys airborne viruses.
We have one unit in each massage room plus one unit in every other room of our business. They circulate the air over four times per hour and will ensure that the air in our space is clean, fresh and sanitized
For more information and all the latest updates check out these links:
We feel it is critical to follow the CDC and WHO guidelines to do our part in keeping our community safe. If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above, please contact us.
We will continue to keep you updated on any changes to our business as this crisis continues to develop.
We really appreciate your understanding and support in this trying time.