Latest Update: May 31, 2021
1) Prior to your appointment you will be asked the following question related to COVID-19:
If the answer is "yes", please reschedule your appointment until your symptoms have resolved for at least 72 hours.
2) Fully vaccinated employees and clients will no longer be required to wear masks inside our business. All of our employees are now fully vaccinated. Clients that are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear a mask for their session as recommended by the CDC and Governor Northam.
3) All couples sessions can now be back in the same room. Since distancing requirements have been lifted on May 28th, clients will once again have a choice between having the session in the same room or separate rooms.
1) All of our employees are now fully vaccinated. This means that they will not be required to wear masks. If you would feel more comfortable with them wearing a mask during your session, let them know and they will wear one.
2) Common areas must be cleaned and disinfected at least daily.
3) In treatment areas the chair, table and anything else the client might have touched must be cleaned with soap and water and/or disinfectant after each client. Client sheets must be rolled up to prevent any possible virus particles from being thrown in the air. CDC guidelines for cleaning laundry will be strictly followed.
Previous Update: December 15, 2020
making sure to keep up with all the latest research surrounding
COVID-19. This helps us keep our employees and clients as safe as
possible while we wait for vaccines to become widely available.
Some studies have been showing an association between lower humidity levels and increased COVID transmission. This article by VT's own Lindsey Marr (along with two other professors from Harvard and Yale) goes over why drier air can lead to higher transmission rates:
This Winter, Fight COVID-19 with Humidity
Because of research like this, we have added high-end humidifiers to each of our massage rooms. This new addition, along with all of our other COVID procedures, allows us to feel confident that we can continue to see clients safely.
Previous Update: August 1, 2020
To make our business even safer, we have purchased true HEPA air purifiers that have UV light sanitizers. These units remove 99.97% of harmful germs, pollen, dust and other allergens plus, most importantly, the UV-C light destroys airborne viruses.
We have one unit in each massage room plus one unit in every other room of our business. They circulate the air over four times per hour and will ensure that the air in our space is clean, fresh and sanitized.
Masks are still required while at our business. We have some high-risk employees and some of us live with high-risk family members.
Our profession does not allow for physical distancing, so we have to rely on masks to help keep our staff and clients safe. Anyone that cannot or will not wear a mask will have to wait to schedule until the mask mandate is over. We appreciate your understanding.
For more information and all the latest updates check out these links:
We feel it is critical to follow the CDC and WHO guidelines to do our part in keeping our community safe. If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above, please contact us.
We will continue to keep you updated on any changes to our business as this crisis continues to develop.
We really appreciate your understanding and support in this trying time.